Owned and operated by the St. Charles Park District, Primrose is an interactive living history farm that seeks to educate, entertain and connect visitors of all ages to over 150 years of Fox Valley agricultural experiences.
Primrose Farm seeks to show the impact of technology and social change on the lands and farming communities of the Fox Valley.
1835 – First permanent settlement on current Primrose Farm lands by early pioneer John Hand.
1859 – Farm house and barn built by George March, son-in-law of St. Charles founder George Minard.
1917 – Real estate developer Chester Bolcum registers the property as “Primrose Farm.”
1918 – Bolcum sells the farm to Swan Anderson whose descendants own the property until 1994.
1994 – St. Charles Park District acquires Primrose Farm property.
2006 – Efforts begin to establish the site as a living history farm.
2009 – Grand opening celebration!