The Spriet Farm
Two other parcels created by George Minard's estate that were recorded as numbers 09-17-100-008 and 09-08-400-003 came to be known as the Spriet Farm. These were inherited by his daughter Annette and her husband, Henry B. Haselhurst. Along with a 9.25-acre wood lot on the east side of Crane Road, the Haselhursts also inherited a 60.87-acre parcel of land that would eventually become part of the present-day residential subdivision, "The Maples." It is not known how long the Haselhursts retained the property they inherited, but records show that as of 1892, the land was owned by a Dr. James K. and Louise M. Lewis. Dr. and Mrs. Lewis sold the Spriet Farm on February 10, 1894, to Karl Otto Bormann and his wife, and it remained in their possession until January, 1902. At that time, the property was sold to Augustin and Sidonie Coryn. When Mrs. Coryn died in 1947, the estate issued a joint tenancy deed to their daughter and son-in-law, Martha Coryn and Joseph M. Driessen, a local contractor. Martha and Joseph Driessen eventually sold the farm to their cousin, George Spriet and his wife, Flora.